Presentation School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or athletic and other school administered programs.
ORDER OF PRIORITY FOR ACCEPTING NEW STUDENTS
As openings become available, the following priorities will be used to accept students to Presentation School:
- Siblings of students who attend Presentation School and whose tuition and fees are current and whose parent/guardians are practicing, supporting Catholics, cooperative and contributing to parish and school activities.
- Children who attend Presentation Parish Pre-school and whose families are Worshiping Stewards of Presentation Parish.
- Catholic children of Presentation parishioners who are registered, contributing parishioners, supporting and participating in parish activities.
- Catholic children of Presentation School Alumni.
- Catholic children of another parish whose parents/guardians give evidence of being active parishioners.
- Non-Catholic children of Presentation School alumni.
- Children who have attended preschools of other Christian traditions.
- All others.
Non-Catholic students whose parents accept the philosophy of Presentation School will be accepted on a space available basis.
State law requires that children entering Kindergarten must be five (5) years of age by September 1. Students will be conditionally accepted into Kindergarten with full acceptance contingent on displayed readiness on the Kindergarten entrance test. A family interview is part of the admission process. At the time of registration, all new students seeking admission to Presentation School will be evaluated on the basis of a nationally normed assessment survey and report cards from prior schools.
- Verification of active parish affiliation/stewardship
- Use of weekly envelopes or automatic deposit
- Health Records
- Immunization Records
- Birth Certificate (original)
- Baptismal Certificate (Catholic applicants only)
- Previous Report Cards
- Standardized Test Results
- Record of IEP
- Letter of recommendation from former principal/teacher
- PROOF OF LEGAL NAME, AGE, AND CUSTODY
Before a child is admitted to school, the child’s parent(s) and/or guardian(s) shall present the child’s birth certificate to school authorities in order to verify the child’s legal name and age. The student shall be registered under the name that appears on the student’s birth certificate. A student or parent/ guardian may, at any time, request that the student be registered under a
different name. Such request shall be made to the Superintendent in writing and shall set forth the reasons for the requested change. Within ten (10) days from the date of receipt of the request, the Superintendent shall notify the student or parent/guardian of his/her decision. If the student or parent/guardian receives no notice within this time period, the request shall be deemed to have been denied. The decision of the Superintendent shall be final.
All new students will be given a trial period in which to prove himself/herself both socially and academically. If during this trial period there are any problems, a student may be asked to withdraw his/her attendance at Presentation School.